OCA is a ministry of Oakwood Baptist Church. Therefore, all positions are designed for professionals in education who are Christians, compelled by Christ to be involved in ministry. In order for OCA to continue to move forward effectively, it is vital that only those who meet all criteria should apply. All employees must be able to sign the “Statement of Faith” for employees. Also, because OCA is a fully accredited school, as well as a school of excellence, applicants for all classroom teaching and/or leadership positions (K-12th grade) must have the appropriate education degrees.
For those prospective candidates who meet all criteria, the process to express interest in employment is as follows:
Explain who you are in Christ and details regarding your relationship with Him.
Please note that submission of an application does not ensure an opportunity to
interview. While there may be varying details, the general process for hiring after
submission of application and/or resume is as follows:
- The administration will acknowledge, via email, receipt of the information.
- Prospective applicants who best fit the needs of the school will be contacted when/if an opportunity develops for a personal interview with the administration.
- Applicants who best fit the needs of the school at this point will be contacted for the first interview with an administrator.
- Applicants may then be invited to attend additional opportunities such as
observations within the school, teaching a demonstration lesson at OCA or
another school, and/or attending a second interview.
- A background check and fingerprinting are completed for all prospective employees as one of the final steps.
For additional information, applicants may contact the appropriate member of
administration listed below:
|Any Area of Interest||Dr. Daniel Ray,
|Preschool – 1st grade||Mrs. Vicki Garner,
|Dirk Dickson, Principal||[email protected]|
|Jr/Sr High School
|Mrs. Leanne Tindell,
|Teacher||Substitute Teacher||Staff Position|
If interested, pray and seek God’s will, move forward if convicted by the Holy Spirit to do so.
Thank you for your interest of employment at OCA.
Oakwood Christian Academy does not discriminate on the basis of national or ethnic
origin, handicap, gender, race or color.