OCA is a ministry of Oakwood Baptist Church. Therefore, all positions are designed for professionals in education who are Christians, compelled by Christ to be involved in ministry. In order for OCA to continue to move forward effectively, it is vital that only those who meet all criteria should apply. All employees must be able to sign the Statement of Faith for employees. Also, because OCA is a fully accredited school, as well as a school of excellence, applicants for all classroom teaching and/or leadership positions, Pk4-12th grade, must have the appropriate education degrees.
For those prospective candidates who meet all criteria, the process to express interest in employment is as follows:
- Complete the OCA Teacher, Substitute, or Staff Position application (see links below)
- Include a current copy of your resume with your application.
- Submit the application to the appropriate administrator.
Explain who you are in Christ and details regarding your relationship with Him.
Please note that the submission of an application does not ensure an opportunity to interview. While there may be varying details, the general process for hiring after submission of application and/or resume is as follows:
- The administration will acknowledge, via email, receipt of the applicants complete application.
- Prospective applicants who best fit the needs of the school will be contacted when/if an opportunity develops for a personal interview with the administration.
- Applicants who best fit the needs of the school at this point will be contacted for the first interview with the administrative team.
- Applicants may then be invited to attend additional opportunities such as observations within the school, teaching a demonstration lesson at OCA or another school, and/or attending a second interview.
- A background check is completed for all prospective employees as one of the final steps.
For additional information, applicants may contact the appropriate member of administration listed below:
Mrs. Leanne Tindell, Head of School
Jr/Sr High Principal
|Preschool – 1st grade||Mrs. Vicki Garner, Administratoremail@example.com|
|Elementary Grades 2-6||Mrs. Trina Cook, Administratorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Teacher Application||Substitute Teacher Application||Staff Position Application|
Thank you for your interest in employment at OCA. Please review the following
Current job openings:
If qualified, pray and seek God’s will, move forward if convicted by the Holy Spirit to do so.
Oakwood Christian Academy does not discriminate on the basis of national or ethnic origin, handicap, gender, race, or color.